Week 5 Reflections

This week I have been back in the Blogesphere after a break last week while traveling (thanks to Token #1!). 
You may have gathered from my 2nd post this week that last week was absolutely crazy. This week was a LOT better in terms of classes, but the wedding planning was kicked up a notch. We have been speaking with 5 different vendors this week trying to make decisions and sign contracts. Now I know why everyone says "I wish I hired a wedding planner." Maybe we should have....

In my very first blog post I wrote about my concern for finding interesting topics to write about and how I was worried that I wouldn't be entertaining. This week I've realized that I don't care so much about that anymore- hah! I'm not having too much trouble coming up with topics anymore, and it's no big deal when nobody reads or comments. After all, this is a learning experience for me, and my posts will only improve with practice! 

I've had fun playing with the week 5 tools. Many of them I already knew of, but I still went and poked around a bit at each of them. I was very excited to see Merlot on the list, as I've actually used that tool before as an instruction librarian, before the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) information literacy sandbox was released. 

I've also used Slack before (a little). Seeing the link inspired me to log-in to my old account from library committee work, but not much is happening there. Nevertheless, I know it's a popular tool! I read an article this week about how Slack just bought it's 3rd company, HipChat, in an effort to expand business. Maybe I should start using Slack again more frequently....

Now, all that's left is to work on the rest of my Produsage Assignment and hope that it turns out super exciting! I think my idea is pretty neat- it's a fun way to bring informal learning into a common high school activity.... debates! 



How's your week been? What are you working on for your Produsage Assignment? 
How are your blog posts going? Share with me below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Internet Trolling vs Cyber Bullying

Out into the Bloggesphere

EME6414 Week 1: How am I doing?