Week 3 Reflections

As we wrap up week 3, I am exhausted! This week was a challenge for me for all of my classes because I traveled out of the country and have limited internet access. We are visiting my Fiance's family and attending a dance event, and I have attempted to balance both social activities with my studies. Any time I have had a moment I've opened up Twitter, Instagram, and Nuzzel, and read through blog posts from classmates through my phone's chrome browser (when I've had internet). I've also (at times) gone out of my way to take photos for social media material.

I've been mostly successful with keeping up with my studies, although I did have to stay up until 11am last night  this morning to work on a number of things. Granted, from 5am-6:30am I was in the ballroom dancing with the "breakfast club" aka dancers that had been dancing since the music began at midnight. I usually like to get 4-5 hours of dancing each night at these events, but homework called! I woke up after a short hour and a half nap to check out of my hotel room, and now I'm squeezing in more homework as I wait to compete in finals (top 10 in my division). 

Next week will be more traveling, including multiple flights and appointments with wedding vendors. I definitely felt overwhelmed this week, but I bet next week will be even more hectic. Who knew that playing on social media could be so draining?

Comments

  1. I’m right there with you! Up at 7 today, right online to do stuff. Checking blogs on a flight to JFK right now because then I’m offline for a bit. The whole week has been a blur of jetlag and being thethered to one of my devices. I’m kind of looking forward to the long flight.

    Good luck in finals! And this all night dancing stuff. Really? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traveling can be very grueling! I hope you found some time to get things done!

      Yes, the late night social dancing is my favorite part of dance events. You get to dance with people from all over the world that have come in just for the competition. It's fun to go in the ballroom and dance for hours, and leave when the sun is coming up!

      I did well in finals and took 3rd place! :-)

      Delete
    2. Just reading this a few days later... 4-5 hours of dancing is an impressive number. Good luck with the wedding prep. My wife instituted wedding Tuesdays so that she and I could go over stuff without me feeling like we were talking about it all the time. Not sure that this is available to you, but her tactic (in Los Angeles) was to meet with the vendors, discuss the ideas, then find a way to talk to the folks actually doing the work, in Spanish. Flowers and cake were half the price! Good luck!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Internet Trolling vs Cyber Bullying

Out into the Bloggesphere

EME6414 Week 1: How am I doing?